It’s a beautiful fall day up here in the northland. It seems like summer really doesn’t want to go away, and that’s OK because the sun makes the fall leaves spectacular.
Today I was thinking about life (gee, what day don’t I think about life in general?), and I realized that it’s been a long time since I’ve really counted my blessings. I mean, really looked at all the good things I have in my life instead of the quick “thanks for….” and not really reflecting on why I’m so blessed. I need times like these to remind myself of the good so that when the bad comes up and hits me over the head with a 2×4, I won’t be so quick to crawl into my hole and disappear.
So, in no particular order, here are my top 10 blessings for today.
1. Having a car;
2. Having a house;
3. Both boys are healthy, can walk, talk, write, play, think…
4. Being relatively healthy myself (some health issues need to be resolved, but overall things are OK);
5. Having a husband that is creative, a hard-worker, and loves us very much;
6. Having friends who care (even though I don’t hear from them much, nor do they hear from me much, I do care about my friends a lot more than they will ever know);
7. Being able to go to graduate school;
8. My son’s OT therapist at Easter Seals. She is a wonderful person who has helped him out SO much.
9. My sons’ school- the teachers, staff and administration are fantastic and really do care about all the kids.
10. My sons- I love them more than anything in the world.
What are you thankful for today?